What a busy day for history. Here’s a few of the things that have happened on February 6th:
- – Death of King George VI, resulting in the ascension of Queen Elizabeth II in 1952.
- – Prince Of Wales College in Charlottetown burnt down in 1932. It was rebuilt and later became Holland College.
- – Today is Waitangi Day in New Zealand. This commemorates a treaty signed in 1840 by several Maori chiefs and the British government.
- – Death of King Charles II, who on his deathbed switched teams and became a Roman Catholic, in 1685.
- – The birth of Queen Anne in 1665. She’s now best remembered as a style of furniture.
Lots of other things happened as well I’m sure, but there’s a nice British/P.E.I. flavoured sample.